Natural Growth Factor Injections
Natural Growth Factor Injections
Natural Growth Factor Injections with fibrins is a revolutionary treatment used to stimulate new cell growth and collagen production within the area of treatment. Thrombocyte-Enriched Cells are beneficial for the skin by reducing facial scars, enhancing collagen production, and making new hair growth with a portion of your blood. Injection of natural growth factors from your thrombocytes within the treatment area results in the regeneration of volume and skin rejuvenation.
The advantages of this treatment include:
Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF), also known as “Liquid Gold,” is a revolutionary treatment that stimulates new cell growth and collagen production. This treatment is 100% natural. No anticoagulant used. Patients like the idea of using their cells instead of a synthetic alternative. PRF comprises the patient’s blood and is the factor for which patients seem interested in this treatment. It acts as a temporary volumizer. However, the genuine advantage of this treatment is the rejuvenation of skin quality and stimulation of collagen to improve skin firmness and fine lines and give a refreshed, natural appearance. At Complete Care Aesthetics, we offer the PRF and EZ GEL systems.
The advantage of PRF and areas treated include:
Thrombocyte-Rich Fluids use the natural healing process to make new cells and rejuvenate the skin.
- Avoid taking aspirin and Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Celebrex, Ginko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, or high doses of Vitamin E. These medications and vitamins may increase your risk of bleeding and bruising to the treated area(s)
- Multi-vitamins and Tylenol are permitted
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or using hair removal creams
- Avoid tanning, exposure to the sun, or sunburns
- Start taking Vitamin C. You may take 2000 mg daily
- Please inform your doctor if you have any history of Herpes Simplex (cold sores) on your face or lips.
48 HOURS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Avoid Retin-A and other retinol
- Avoid topical antibiotics, exfoliants, and benzoyl peroxide
24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Avoid direct sun exposure, tanning beds, and self-tanning products
- Tans and burns can result in hyperpigment
- ation (darkening of the skin) and hypopigmentation (lightening of the skin)
- If you use tanning beds, we recommend that you discontinue this practice due to the increased risk of skin cancer and aging.
THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Eat a healthy meal
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink at least 4-6 glasses of water
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Inform your doctor of your current medical history and all medications or supplements you have taken.
- Avoid massaging the treated area(s)
- Avoid exercise, increasing your heart rate, or sweating
FOR UP TO 72 HOURS AFTER TREATMENT:
- Avoid the use of ice or cold compresses
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas, and strenuous exercise and sweating
FOR UP TO 1 WEEK AFTER TREATMENT:
- Avoid taking aspirin and Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Celebrex, Ginko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, or high doses of Vitamin E as these medications and vitamins may increase your risk of bleeding and bruising to the treated area(s)*
- Avoid taking antihistamines (Benadryl, Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec, etc.)*
- Avoid oral steroids (Prednisone, Decadron, etc.)*
*All of these medications can interfere with the efficacy of your treatment.
It is optimal if you can avoid these medications for two weeks
- You may use Tylenol (acetaminophen) for discomfort
- You may take 500-1000 mg every 4-6 hours, a maximum of 4g/day
- These injectables do not require “touch-ups,” as we are using your body’s natural collagen process and growth factors over several weeks to months to achieve the desired results.
- We recommend that you wait at least four weeks between treatments.